Last Updated on July 1, 2020 by188bet博金宝官方网站
Fastener corrosion can lead to application failure and expense. When you’re securing your1188betasia and118bet金博宝app , it’s important to be careful of potential corrosion. Fastening can become tricky if the fasteners become rusty and corroded and it can get frustratingly difficult later if you’re trying to remove rusted fasteners. Despite the hassles that a rusted screw or similar fastener can present, you will also need to think about what it will look like when a variety of the fasteners start to rust: not good, that’s for sure!
Prevention is always better than cure. So, before you install your fasteners, make sure that you are aware of the environment that they will be exposed to. Provide preventative measures to protect the product, if necessary.
Types of Fastener Corrosion
- Uniform corrosionwhich usually covers the entire exposed surface area and is a reddish color.
- Galvanic corrosionwhich occurs when two metal types are both exposed to moisture.
- Crevice corrosionwhich is often found only in the spaces and gaps of fasteners.
- Intergranular corrosionwhich occurs when steels are heated to very high temperatures and left to cool. This can be avoided by dousing the metal in water after heating.
Quickest and Most Effective Ways to Prevent Fastener Corrosion
If you’re worried about corrosion, and you should be, there’s no need to lose hope. These quick methods are highly effective in preventing corrosion from happening:
- Apply paint to the fasteners. This will minimize the surface area of the fastener that comes in contact with the air and the environment.
- Spray your fasteners with a zinc based lacquer before you secure them in place. These lacquers will provide a protective barrier and will deter corrosion.
- Invest in corrosion resistant fasteners. These are usually slightly more costly than regular fasteners.
- Keep exposed fastener surfaces clean and dry.
You can buy a range of top quality corrosion resistant fasteners at Marsh Fasteners. You can also chat with our team about ensuring that your fasteners are protected against future corrosion.118bet网娱乐 or telephone today.